Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I am overwhelmed by the idea of making traditional sweets at home, so whenever I come across recipes that are traditional but has a twist as well, I never loose the opportunity to try it out. And the idea of having a fruit in the dessert, I just couldnt wait to start.This is how I made it, inspired by Sanjeev Kapoor's receipe.
Serves - 2 with second servings
Apple - 2 - Peeled and grated
Milk - 1 litre
Sugar - 1 cup - Adjust to taste
Cardamom - 2- 3 powdered
Almonds (and/or any other dry fruit of your choice) - 4-5 - Slivered
To Make :
1. Boil the milk and let it reduce till thick and about 3/4th of original
2. Add sugar and stir till it melts
3. Add the grated apple and let cook for 3-4 minutes
4. Remove from fire and mix in powdered cardamom
5. Garnish with the almond slivers
5. Serve hot or cold - We loved it cold
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 1 Hour
Its a simple yet delicious dessert. Don and Sunshine loved it equally.
Hope you all enjoy it too!!